You know the feeling. You’re wearing your favorite lipstick, and it’s exactly the color you need to brighten up your face and go with your outfit, but suddenly you have to eat or drink something, and you don’t want to take it off yet because it will be noticeable if you do. The solution to this problem might not be obvious at first, but there are tricks that can help you keep your lips looking fresh!
Before you start your liquid lipstick routine, it’s important to exfoliate your lips. This will help remove any dead skin cells and create a smooth canvas for your lipstick. Simply use a lip scrub or a soft toothbrush to gently exfoliate your lips.
2) Apply lipstick at the lower lip first
- Outline your lips with a lip liner that matches your chosen lipstick shade. This will help create a clean, defined look.
- Apply the lipstick to your lower lip first, and then use a brush or your finger to blend it outwards towards your upper lip.
- Once you’ve applied the lipstick to both lips, use a tissue to blot away any excess product.
3) Apply color first then add gloss for more vibrancy
If you want your lipstick to really pop, apply your color first and then add a layer of gloss. This will give your lips more dimension and make the color more vibrant. Just be sure to use a lip brush so you don’t end up with too much gloss on your lips. The last thing you want is for your pout to look greasy! To avoid that, do this technique sparingly or when wearing sheer colors.