Women always want to look beautiful, no matter what stage of life they are in. But with hectic schedules and little time to care for themselves, women can often let their appearance slip down the list of priorities, which results in dull, tired-looking skin and lackluster hair. Here are seven natural beauty tips for women to get them on the road to having that gorgeous face they’ve always wanted!
1) Wash your face in cold water
It’s surprising that we’re more used to washing our faces in hot water. Hot water will strip your skin of its natural oils, while cold water encourages it to retain those natural oils, which is why using cold water can help with dry skin and make your pores shrink. But why not use both? This technique is commonly referred to as the double cleanse and consists of cleansing your face with warm (not hot) water first and then following up with a cleanse in cold water.
2) Use natural ingredients for skin care
One of the best ways to pamper your skin is with natural ingredients. These 7 natural beauty tips will help you get glowing skin without irritating it. Your skin will thank you.
1) As mentioned before, use only natural ingredients as much as possible when caring for your skin. They are gentler on the face than commercial products, which may contain harsh chemicals or artificial fragrances, among other things.
2) Acne can be caused by hormonal changes such as puberty or pregnancy. Stress can also cause acne because stress releases hormones into the body, some of which are inflammatory. If this is an issue for you, try these simple methods to reduce inflammation: include foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids like salmon and walnuts; eat more whole grains; drink lots of water; take deep breaths; relax your mind by meditating.
3) Hormonal imbalances from birth control pills or hormone replacement therapy (HRT) can also lead to acne breakouts. Talk to your doctor about stopping these medications if they’re causing the problem.
4) Finally, remember that what goes onto your skin does affect what goes into your system so choose wisely when choosing personal care products.
5) You don’t have to go organic 100% of the time–you’ll save money that way–but do make sure you check ingredient labels carefully for potentially harmful substances and avoid them whenever possible.
6) For example, although both baking soda and lemon juice are natural ingredients, they aren’t safe on their own as face scrubs because they could be too harsh on sensitive skin. Instead of mixing them together right away in a pot, test out one ingredient at a time by dabbing it on your wrist until you find out which product is too strong before trying it all over your face.
7) Then mix them together in small batches just for facial use and store it tightly closed in a dark place. When you apply, scrub gently and rinse off thoroughly. When you’re done with a batch, clean the container thoroughly to avoid bacteria growth before starting again. And here’s a bonus tip: Make up a little set of homemade lip balm and hand cream from natural oils such as olive oil, coconut oil, shea butter, beeswax and vitamin E oil.
3) Invest in quality skincare products
Get your glow on with these natural beauty tips. Invest in quality skincare products like Retinol, Amino Acid Peel, and Vitamin C that will give you the glowing skin of your dreams. You’ll also want to use a face mask regularly. These masks not only help draw out impurities from the pores, but they also moisturize and provide anti-aging benefits. Exfoliate often so you can remove any dead skin cells that are clogging up your pores. You can do this using a facial scrub or using other means such as an oatmeal bath followed by an apple cider vinegar rinse or baking soda facial mask.
4) Drink more water
The benefits of drinking water go far beyond hydration. For example, it flushes toxins out of your system and leads to clearer skin. Drinking water also boosts your energy levels and improves skin elasticity. Drink more water as soon as you wake up in the morning! Take time to drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses per day. Use a straw to make this easier on your teeth. Get plenty of sleep: Getting enough sleep is important for many reasons, including healthy skin. When you don’t get enough sleep, stress hormones are produced that can lead to breakouts or other skin problems.
5) Eat more greens
Eating more vegetables is an important part of any diet, but it’s even more important when it comes to beauty. At least one-third of your plate should be filled with fresh vegetables at each meal. They’re not only good for keeping you full, but they’re also loaded with nutrients that are great for giving you a flawless and youthful complexion. Dark leafy greens such as spinach and kale provide the essential vitamins A, C, K, and folate while orange vegetables like carrots are packed with beta carotene.
6) Avoid salt
Salt has been shown to dehydrate the skin because it pulls water from the cells. Additionally, salt dries out skin cells, leading them to die and make skin flaky and wrinkled. If you have acne-prone skin, be sure to avoid any products that contain high amounts of sodium chloride or have names like sea salt or salt scrub. These products will likely only exacerbate your acne problem.
7) Sleep well
One of the easiest ways to get healthy and have a radiant complexion is to sleep enough. Go ahead and set an alarm so you can get at least 8 hours of shut eye per night. The quality of your sleep affects the way your skin looks, so make sure you’re getting as much rest as possible.