Hair loss and thinning hair can be devastating, making you feel less confident than ever and ruining your self-esteem. Though there’s no guarantee that vitamins alone will help your hair grow back thicker or faster, several vitamins have been shown to increase hair growth and fight off hair loss. We’ve rounded up 8 of the best vitamins for hair growth in this article, as well as 3 of the worst ones you should avoid!
1) The best vitamins for hair growth
Vitamins are essential for a healthy scalp, which in turn leads to healthier hair. The best vitamins for hair growth include Biotin, Vitamin C, and Iron. Of course, make sure you consult with your doctor before taking any supplements.
2) The worst vitamins for hair growth
Mineral oil – Mineral oil coats your hair and can prevent it from absorbing beneficial nutrients. In fact, it’s been shown to decrease the lifespan of a single strand of hair by up to 50%!
- Mineral oil coats your hair and can prevent it from absorbing beneficial nutrients. In fact, it’s been shown to decrease the lifespan of a single strand of hair by up to 50%! Biotin – Many people notice that after they take biotin, their nails seem stronger and grow faster.
3) How to get the best vitamins for hair growth
To help prevent hair loss and encourage growth, try to incorporate the following vitamins into your diet or take them as supplements: Biotin, Vitamin A, Iron, Selenium, Omega-3s. Avoid vitamin A if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding.
4) Which foods contain the best vitamins for hair growth?
Eating foods rich in vitamins is a great way to make sure your body is getting the nutrients it needs for hair growth. Here are some of the best sources of vitamins for hair growth: – Leafy greens like kale, spinach, and Swiss chard contain vitamin A, which is crucial for healthy hair.
- Fish like salmon and sardines have high levels of vitamin D, which helps regulate hormones that can lead to hair loss.
- Spinach has plenty of folate and iron, both necessary for healthy skin and good blood flow.
5) What supplements help with hair growth?
Vitamin A, Biotin, Vitamin C, Folic Acid, Iron. The three worst are: Vitamin A, Biotin and Folic Acid.