When it comes to eyeliner, black will always be classic but sometimes you want to switch things up and try something new. Thanks to the popularity of colorful makeup products, we now have a variety of vibrant eyeliners that can liven up our lids and inject some fun into our everyday beauty routines. Here are 8 vibrant eyeliners that will make you forget all about black liner.
1) Ombre Lines
Ombre is a relatively new technique that’s becoming more popular by the day. It can be used on lips, eyes, and even nails! To achieve this look, start with one color at the top of your eyelid and mix it in with a lighter color moving down towards the lash line. This will create a gradient effect that’s sure to turn heads.
2) Bright blues and greens
The color of a pigment is what determines the hue of the eye liner. For a bright and happy look, choose an eye liner with a blue or green pigment. These colors are perfect for spring, summer, or any time you want to feel refreshed and youthful.
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible 24 HR Eye Shadow in Blue Lagoon – $10-$14
- Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in Electric Blue – $20
3) Neon colors
This season’s hottest colors are neon, and there’s nothing more eye-catching than a bright pop of color. The best thing about these bright colors is that they’re as easy to wear as black liner, but with much more vibrancy and impact. With so many new shades to choose from, it can be difficult to pick just one! Luckily for you, we’ve compiled a list of our favorite eight neon eyeliner options.
4) Shimmery colors
If you’re looking for a new way to spice up your eyeliner game, then these colors are the perfect place to start. From purple to orange and everything in between, these colors are guaranteed to get you excited about putting on liner in the morning! That said, if black is more your thing, we’ve got you covered with our list of 8 other colorful liners that will make you forget all about black liner.
All of these vibrant shades can be found at Nordstrom–just click the links below to find out more.
5) White liner
White liner is one of the most versatile eyeliners you can wear. It’s perfect for making your eyes pop or adding a little something extra to a smoky eye. Plus, it’s effortless to create different looks with white liner because it dries quickly and doesn’t smudge. When wearing white eyeliner, don’t forget to apply mascara on the top lashes. This will make your eyes look even more bright and open up your face!
6) Bold colors mixed with neutral colors
- Rimmel London Scandaleyes Retro Glam Matte Liquid Eye Liner in Purple Orchid
- NYX Cosmetics LiquiLiner Metallic Long-Wear Eye Pencil in Gold Dust
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible Lacquer Wear Infinite Liquid Eye Pencil in Icing Spun Sugar
- Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Lining Pen in Black Onyx
- Maybelline Color Tattoo 24HR in Pink Petal – This is a great alternative to black eyeliner because it’s not as harsh, but still very striking. It also lasts for hours and is easy to blend!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in Peony – If you want the perfect pink lip, this is the way to go! The color is subtle enough that you can wear it with pretty much any makeup look and it will still look gorgeous and fresh. Plus, it has such a smooth texture that glides on like butter!
- Covergirl Eye Enhancers 4-in-1 Mascara in Navy Blue – One of the best aspects about navy blue is how well it goes with just about any eye color or skin tone. Plus, if you’re going out on a date night or meeting up with your friends after work, navy blue makes your eyes stand out so they pop even more than usual!
8) Dark shades of blue, teal, and purple
If you’re looking for a change in your makeup routine, go for a vibrant blue, teal, or purple eyeliner. These shades are perfect for the summertime and can easily be worn as eyeshadow too. Since they have more of a sheen to them than black liners do, they also tend to have more of an iridescent finish. They look especially nice when paired with bright pink lipstick, but you can wear any color you want!