The leaves are starting to change, the breeze is becoming crisper, and you’re finally (maybe) able to wear your favorite fall jacket again. It’s starting to feel like fall! If you’re ready to upgrade your nail style this season, here are some must-have manicure styles that will have everyone thinking you have the best fall nails ever!
1) Apply a base coat to protect your nails.
2) Use white polish or an opaque nude shade to paint the tips of your nails, leaving a small space at the cuticle.
3) Paint over the entire nail with a light pink polish and make sure it’s dry before applying another layer. 4) Using black polish, fill in the entire nail bed (the tip will be covered by your index finger).
5) Remove any excess nail polish around your cuticles using a cotton swab dipped in acetone.
6) Gently buff out any rough edges for that perfect French manicure look!
Glitter or Matte?
Glitter nails are perfect for the holiday season, but if you’re looking to keep your look more subdued and matte, then go for a french manicure. It’s classic and chic enough to wear year-round. For a more festive touch, opt for rich reds, deep violets or dark purples. Add some sparkle to these wintertime hues by opting for gold or silver glitter instead of standard glitter.
The Best Color Combinations For This Season
One of the best things about fall is that it finally feels like you can get out of your winter clothes and start getting ready for the upcoming season. For those who have a hard time picking out a color palette, we’ve got you covered with these five combinations that are perfect for this time of year. Whether you’re into bright or muted tones, there’s something on this list for everyone.
Design tips for your current manicure
Prep your nails for the fall season by adding a layer of clear coat to seal in the color. This will protect your nail polish from chipping and cracking, as well as provide a smooth surface for topcoat application.
Nail designs are one of the easiest ways to add some personality to an outfit and make it look extra special. With fall just around the corner, we’ve rounded up our favorite manicure styles that will have you ready for cooler weather in no time!
Don’t forget about your toes!
One of the easiest ways to get into the spirit of the season is by painting your nails. With so many different colors, designs, and nail art tutorials out there, it’s easy to find something that suits your personal style. It can be fun to do a manicure yourself, but if you want to take things up a notch you can always go for a professional manicure from your local salon.
Try these quick and easy tutorials.
There are so many different manicures to choose from, but if you want something that’s both easy and stunning, then these tutorials will be perfect.
- Apply two coats of your favorite nail polish color, let it dry and apply a top coat. That’s it! It’s as simple as that.
- Try a French manicure by applying a base coat of white nail polish on your nails and adding a clear top coat over it to give it more of an opaque look.
- You can also go for a fall themed main by painting the tips of your nails orange, gold or brown.
- If you want something brighter, you can always do an Ombre design using one of those three colors as well as black and pink which makes for a really nice pop against the other colors.
- The last option is to paint one nail in each color starting at the center of the nail at the bottom with orange, next gold and finally brown right near the cuticle area.
Bonus: DIY at home.
Looking for a quick and easy way to get your nails fall ready? Try these DIY nail art ideas! Your fingers will be the best thing on your hands this season!
- Create a gradient by painting two colors at the base of your nail, then using a dotting tool or toothpick to make small dots along the length of your nail to create a fade effect. You can also use one color, then paint over it with the second color before adding an accent dot with the first color. 2. Add some sparkle! Paint your nails with three coats of white polish and let dry. Once dry, add a layer of silver glitter polish to give them that festive sheen.