One of the most talked about fashion trends in 2022 were pastel colors, which were seen to come back into fashion with full force, especially among young adults and teenagers. So what makes this pastel trend so popular now? Will it become an obsession in 2022? Which pastel shades are expected to be the most popular? We’ll look at all this, and more, as we explore the pastel palette trend that’s set to takeover the global fashion scene in the next few years…
Color Trends In Graphic Design
Over the past few years, we’ve seen a shift away from bright, vibrant colors in graphic design. Pantone’s Color of the Year for 2020 was Classic Blue, a calming and peaceful shade. And for 2021, their choice is two shades of grey. But it looks like pastels are making a comeback in 2022! They’re even going to be present at the Olympics this year! While they might not seem as exciting as these other hues, they can really complement other palettes or work well on their own. If you’re looking to add some more color into your life but don’t want to dive into something too overwhelming, consider incorporating pastels into your space.
Color Trends In Interior Design
In the world of interior design, color trends come and go. But some colors have staying power. Pastels are making a comeback in a big way. Designers are predicting that pastels will be a major trend in 2022. One reason is that they work well with warmer hues like peach, tomato red and citron yellow. A second reason is because they’re a refreshing change from darker neutrals like taupe and grey.
Color Trends In Fashion
There’s no denying that pastel colors are having a moment. Pale pinks, mint greens, and baby blues are appearing everywhere from high fashion runways to everyday street style. And it’s not just fashion; pastel colors are also popping up in home décor, beauty, and even food. So what’s behind this sudden obsession with all things pastel?
Here are some thoughts about why the palette is so popular now :
A.) First, it’s an antidote to dark winter days (a time when most people crave something lighter).
B.) Second, the resurgence of the movement for mental health awareness has many people feeling like they need a break from everything dark or negative.
C.) Third, there’s been a growing trend for clean eating which is often associated with light-colored foods such as vegetables and fruits.
D.) Finally, there’s a movement away from fast fashion and towards sustainable brands. Many of these companies use non-toxic materials in their clothing, which are often pastel in color.
Why Are Pastels Becoming Popular Again?
After a few years of vibrant and even neon colors dominating the fashion and beauty world, it seems that pastels are making a comeback.
There are a few reasons for this shift back to softer hues:
- Pastel colors can be very flattering, especially on lighter skin tones.
- They evoke a sense of nostalgia, reminding us of childhood or simpler times.
- They can be both playful and sophisticated, depending on how they’re used.
Tips On How To Choose A Pastel Color Palette
- When choosing a pastel color palette, consider the overall mood you want to create. Do you want something soft and romantic, or bright and playful?
- Keep in mind that pastels can be combined in endless ways, so don’t be afraid to experiment.
- If you’re stuck, try looking at some of your favorite paintings or photographs for inspiration.
- Once you’ve narrowed down your choices, think about how the colors will work together.
- Are your pastels in saturated or muted tones? Does one particular color dominate, or are they all roughly equal? How many colors do you want to use? Are you drawn to rich jewel tones like emerald and ruby, or more neutral taupe and linen? Experiment with varying color depths and intensities.
- Contrast is also an important part of any color palette, whether it’s a pastel or not. In general, try to balance soft and bright colors with bolder ones for contrast and interest.
- If you plan to do lots of entertaining, consider adding a stronger color to liven up your pastels.
- Don’t be afraid to incorporate black and white if your pastels are mostly light, or use a rich color like red for contrast if you want to add an extra punch.
- Just because you’re working with pastels doesn’t mean you can’t get a bit playful. Think about adding patterns and textures, like rough linen or satin sashes, to give your space added dimension.
- Mix and match modern and traditional pieces for a mix of old and new, or combine old with new accents.
Color Combinations With Pastels
Remember when everyone was obsessed with pastel colors? Well, it looks like they’re making a comeback!
Here are some of the best color combinations to try with pastels:
- Pink and blue is a classic combo that can be both sweet and stylish.
- For a more muted look, try grey and lavender.
- If you want something a little more daring, go for peach and mint green.
- For a truly unique pairing, try dusty rose and teal.