As we enter into the first winter season of 2022, fashion experts are revealing the three hottest handbag trends that we’ll be seeing everywhere this winter. Whether you prefer your handbags to be classic, minimalist, or experimental, there’s something here for everyone! Let’s take a look at the top 3 handbag trends for Winter 2022-2023!
1) Oversized bags
Over the years, oversized bags have become increasingly popular in the fashion industry. They are easy to wear with just about any outfit and can be paired with anything from a dress to a jacket. Over the past few seasons, designers have been experimenting with different shapes and colors; so this season is no different. There are many trendy handbags that are going to be on trend this season! Large knapsacks with straps over your shoulders. Some of these large bags will even double as laptop carriers because they’re also big enough to hold your computer. You’ll also see some smaller versions of these larger totes as well because it’s all about mixing things up!
2) Curved and asymmetrical shapes
Curved and asymmetrical shapes are becoming more common in handbag design, as they break up the monotony of traditional straight lines. This is a trend that is expected to continue through the next winter season, with designers incorporating beautifully crafted curves and asymmetry into their designs. We see this in the latest styles from Coach, Louis Vuitton, Hermes, Chanel and Marc Jacobs. These designers have been focusing on using interesting angles and motifs that offer a sense of adventure or whimsy.
Inverse silhouettes: One other way to playfully break up straight lines is by using an inverse silhouette – one where the body narrows at either side.
3) Statement handles
- Statement handles. One of the top three handbag trends is statement handles which are long straps that extend from a bag and are often embellished with beads, tassels, or fur to make a statement.
- Patchwork. The other trend is patchwork which is a textured fabric made by sewing together pieces of fabric of different patterns and colors.
- Fringe Bags. The third trend for this season is fringe bags. These have been popular in recent seasons because they’re both functional and fashionable! You can wear them as a crossbody bag or on your shoulder and carry everything you need in it!
- Textured Bags. Another trend is textured bags which are a bold and colorful addition to your wardrobe and a great way to match different outfits!
- Extra Long Chain Handle Bags. The other trend is extra long chain handle bags which have short handles attached to a long strap that allows you to wear it as a crossbody bag or on your shoulder.