What will people be wearing to work and on the weekend in a few years? According to fashion editors, this list of spring 2023 trends will provide you with all the answers you need. Whether you’re going for the casual, formal, or high-tech look, these predictions are sure to provide inspiration. Best of all, unlike many other trends that come and go with each season, these predictions have been popular before so they’ll likely be trendy again in the next two years. Put them on your shopping list now so you’ll be ready once they become available!
- Your go-to denim jacket will be replaced by a bomber with a full sleeve.
- Denim will be cropped at the knee and worn with boots.
- A knit dress is going to be your go-to summer outfit.
- The only time you’ll wear all black is when you’re mourning someone or if it’s a fashion statement.
- Blazers and trench coats are going out of style and will only be worn for special occasions like funerals or weddings.
- The new color scheme is going to be a lot more muted and subtle. It won’t be the bright neon hues that were popular last year or even the mint tones that were popular this year. – Fashion magazines say that you’ll want to look for pieces with an earthy vibe. Fabric choices will be natural fibers like cotton and wool instead of synthetic materials like nylon. – There’s going to be a lot less structure and formality in terms of clothing design.
One Trend – Minimalistic Coats
Minimalistic coats are the new trend for spring and summer of 2023. These coats offer a sleek silhouette that is flattering on any body type and offers an updated take on the traditional trench coat. While this may seem like it won’t be a practical addition to your wardrobe, many minimalistic coats can be worn both as outerwear or as separates during the warmer months because of their light weight fabric. Another great way to rock these minimalistic coats is pairing them with pieces you already have! For example, try pairing one with your favorite pair of high-waisted jeans or skirt for a chic daytime look or slip it over your dress after dark for an instant night time outfit.
Pastel colors are the new black this spring. From lavender and pink dresses to peach and mint green shirts, pastels are the perfect way to add a pop of color without having it overpower your look. If you’re hesitant about investing in these fresh colors for spring, start small with an adorable pair of shoes or a handbag that will be easy for you to incorporate into your current wardrobe.
Trends of the moment include floral prints. While we have seen them on dresses and skirts for a while now, the trend has recently expanded to blouses, shorts, and even swimsuits. There’s no denying that this trend won’t go away anytime soon.
Outerwear is a key element of any outfit, and the most important trend for spring is going to be bold outerwear. From bright colors and jacquard textures to geometric prints and statement sleeves, you’re going to want a stand-out piece that will serve as your cover-up at the beach or your go-to when it gets chilly outside. If you’re looking for something that’s both on-trend and timeless—consider investing in a classic trench coat.
Long cardigans and coats will be the must-have for the season. The longer length will keep you warm without sacrificing your mobility. Plus, it is a versatile piece that can be worn with just about anything. Long cardigans can be paired with jeans or a slinky dress for a night out on the town or layered over leggings and a t-shirt for running errands around town.