Summer can be a great time to try out new hairstyles and experiment with color, but it can also be challenging if you have trouble with frizzy or dry hair. To help you keep your hair looking great over the summer months, we’ve created this list of five great DIY hair masks that will make your mane look fantastic even when the weather heats up! Try them out and start treating your locks to some pampering this summer. You won’t regret it!
DIY Deep Conditioner
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup of warm water with 1/4 cup of honey.
- Mix well and apply the mixture to your damp hair, concentrating on the ends.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap or plastic wrap and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the mask out with warm water and shampoo and condition as usual.
- You’ll notice softer, shinier hair after just one treatment!
DIY Dry Shampoo
This summer, don’t let your hair get in the way of your fun! Instead, fight back against frizz, dryness, and general heat-related mayhem with one of these five great DIY hair masks. All you need is a few minutes, a bowl, and some ingredients from your kitchen cabinet.
The first mask uses nothing but cornstarch to absorb excess oil and replace lost moisture. For those looking for an inexpensive, easy fix, this may be just what you’re looking for.
The second option involves nothing more than combining lemon juice with eggs (you can also use vinegar) to create a rich conditioning treatment that makes locks shiny and strong.
The third option incorporates an all-natural paste made from black pepper powder, coconut oil, honey and lavender essential oil to make locks smell as good as they look.
DIY Overnight Coconut Oil Treatment
One of the best things you can do for your hair is give it an overnight coconut oil treatment. Simply massage a generous amount of coconut oil into your scalp and hair, cover with a shower cap, and sleep on it. Shampoo and condition as usual in the morning. Your hair will be soft, shiny, and moisturized!
DIY Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse
- Combine 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar with 1/4 cup water in a bowl or jar.
- Pour the mixture over your head, making sure to saturate your hair from root to tip.
- Let it sit for 3-5 minutes, then rinse it out thoroughly with cool water.
- For best results, repeat this process once or twice a week.
Vinegar is a powerful natural cleanser, which helps get rid of product buildup and excess oil from your hair. It also has properties that help keep your scalp clean and healthy by improving circulation to both your hair follicles and sebaceous glands.
DIY Avocado Mask
This DIY avocado hair mask is a great way to get rid of dry, damaged hair. Simply combine one ripe avocado with two tablespoons of olive oil and one egg. Apply the mixture to your hair and let it sit for 20 minutes before rinsing it out. Your hair will be soft, shiny, and healthy-looking in no time!