You may have heard of the cat eye glasses trend. Those glasses with lenses that are super-round in the middle and get smaller as they go out toward the edges? They’re definitely in style, but they’re not the only cool cat eye trend out there these days. Cat eye nails have been spotted on all sorts of celebs, from Kendall Jenner to Karlie Kloss and Lily Collins, and now that you know what cat eye nails look like, you may be wondering where you can get your own pair.
WHAT MAKES CAT EYE NAILS SO POPULAR?
Many women say cat eye nails are popular because they can go with any nail shape and length, or just be a trendy accent on their own. It’s also been said that cat eye nails are perfect for the fall season, which comes up quickly after summer. Who doesn’t love a new season? It may be too early to talk about fall fashion, but it’s never too early to think about your manicure. In fact, some people claim that cat eye nails are the best type of manicure for fall because you can wear them with shorter nails or long ones–they will always look good!
If you’re not feeling like painting your whole hand in one color, these types of designs have another trick up their sleeve: sometimes mixing two colors looks great!
CAT EYE NAILS ARE FLATTERING ON EVERY WOMAN
A lot of women love the cat eye nail shape because it is flattering on every woman. This trend is especially popular among those who have shorter nails and are looking for a way to make their hands look more feminine.
THE LOOK IS ACHIEVABLE WITH ANY LENGTH OF NAIL
Cat eye nails are not just for ladies with long, groomed nails. In fact, you can get the cat eye nail look on your shorter, chipped nails too! All you need is a dotting tool and some black nail polish to create this iconic fashion trend.
A LESSON IN CAT EYES NAILS
Cat eye nails are a classic and popular nail design. This trend does not appear to be going anywhere anytime soon. To rock the cat eye trend in your next mani or pedi, try these steps:
1) Paint your nails in a matte shade that compliments your skin tone – pale pink is always a nice choice. 2) Using an angled brush, paint two black lines on the outer edge of your thumbnail.
3) With an extra-fine liner brush, paint a small dot inside each line on your thumbnail.
4) Finish with a clear top coat to seal in your manicure.
THE FIRST STEP TO GETTING CAT EYE NAILS
Before you do anything else, your nails should be at the perfect length and shape. They should also be dry and free from any polish or dirt that could make this a complicated task. If you have long nails, cut them short with scissors or clippers to a length that is still comfortable but within the desired range. There are three different shapes that work well for cat eye nails: oval, square and almond-shaped.
HOW TO DESIGN YOUR PERFECT CAT EYE NAIL STYLE
Consider these tips for a cat eye nail design that will have everyone asking, Where’d you get your nails done? Keep reading for the ultimate step-by-step guide to giving yourself the perfect cat eye.
1) Shape your nails with a clipper or file before painting them.
2) Paint two coats of black nail polish on all but one fingernail (the accent finger). The black polish should be visible on the edges where it meets the unpainted nail (but not on top).
3) Paint two coats of white polish over the black nail polish on all but one fingernail.